The company, over its century century-long history, has embraced various kinds of processes to expand its product range with all kinds of creations. However, murrina glass has always been its core business. Right from their very first years in operation, the Morettis developed a production of “millefiori” beads that immediately stood out, and still dodoes, for their even execution as well as their unusual and unmistakable finish. The early 1970s heralded the production of murrina pendants which aroused interest for their innovative design and realisation, and they would soon become a classic in the sector.
Later, the Morettis decided to branch out into different sectors by launching a production of dishes and ornaments in murrina; elegant objects that recall the allure of Roman glasswork techniques and which are still some of the most popular products in the entire range.
There are many Murrina glass products around, often of such low quality that they have nothing to do with tradition or quality Muranese craftsmanship. To achieve a high quality result, besides skilled workmanship and special techniques and processes, three qualities are essential: deep knowledge of the craft, the utmost precision and the firm decision to make no compromises.
In particular, the handcrafted origin of our products makes them unmistakable for their:
- careful choice of colours in compositions with lots of different murrine;
- careful and even arrangement of the single murrina elements that form the design;
- exceptional finish, velvety to the touch on both sides; this is particularly the case for the plates;
- grinding and polishing, achieved using our exclusive tumbling process, which brings out the pattern and gives a top quality look and finish to the beads and to the pendants, making them stand out from all the rest;
- remarkable array of models;
- careful packaging.